Yes, you can have your very own website at a low cost and no-stress. It is not very difficult to get up and running with your website in a day or so. This is a great opportunity to build and market your brand. Below, please find a couple of different options to have your very own website up and running:
- Visit GoDaddy or another domains search engine and search for your desired name. I am a big fan of the .com extension unless you are non-profit because it remains the most widely recognized. For instance, when I was determining my pen name, I visited GoDaddy to make sure it was available first.
- Once you have purchased your domain, go to Template Monster and make sure you are under the category for WordPress Themes. On the left side, you can filter through many categories of what you are looking for and then even test a template right from the site. Once you have found one that you like, put it in your cart and if you are computer savvy at all, and the installation option. If you are not computer savvy or just want someone to take care of this for you, you can click on the option Ready to Use option, and they will get everything going for you. Once you find a template that you like or if you want something, even more, custom, you could also email or call my friend Lee who is amazing. She will design or help get your template up and functioning quickly, for a great price. She can be reached at https://www.leedrozak.com/
- You can find many tutorials on WordPress right on YouTube if you want to learn more about it.
- If you have selected to finalize the site yourself using just the install option from Template Monster, you will need to have it hosted. GoDaddy has hosting services, we use the deluxe option and commit to a longer term for a discount. You can call them up, and they will walk you through it and then give you the information for Template Monster to set up or someone like Lee.
- Whala! You have a website!!!